Pages

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Introducing my gardens

I have two gardens - 75 miles apart! Not for me an allotment just around the corner. Oh no - that would be far too simple! I like a challenge.
 Each garden has to be capable of looking after itself for a week or so while I am not in residence. There is a greenhouse in each garden so this can be a problem at the height of summer (maybe a week or so each year!). Seedlings sometimes travel with me in the car between gardens.
One garden is near the coast in Carmarthenshire, the other is on the rural fringe of Cardiff. There are mature trees in each garden which have to be incorporated into the planting scheme - if there is one!
Although the Cardiff garden is relatively level, the Carmarthenshire one is anything but. There are over 100 steps from road level to the top of the garden and there is no road access - so everything that comes in has to be carried up. Even a wheelbarrow is out of the question.
This Blog is my attempt to record what I do in my gardens and act as a warning to anyone else foolish enough to take on similar gardens. Be warned - its not easy!!

2 comments:

  1. You've no idea how long its taken me to get this far, Chris. I'll see what I can find and then work out how to upload them. Its OK for you computer whizzkids!

    ReplyDelete