Pages

Monday 6 August 2012

...or is this My Little Smallholding?

Time for a change of tack!! No longer Giggling in two Gardens (and a Wood) but Giggling in My Little Smallholding! It sounds so much better and strangely fulfilling to consider the 3 bits of land as an entity - a Smallholding. Since one garden has an established orchard and lots of fruit bushes and the cliff garden is better suited to small vegetable beds and pots, why try to duplicate?
The Wood becomes the foraging zone and source of logs for the winter fires.
With luck and a big kick up the rear, I'll work a bit harder making My Little Smallholding productive than I have so far with 2 gardens! I know its just a state of mind and a change of name, but if it convinces me that I have achieved my ambition of having a Smallholding (and it doesn't harm anyone along the way!) why not?
From this time forth, I am a Smallholder, albeit a very Little one - but at 5'2" its difficult to be anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment