Pages

Thursday 20 September 2012

Tomato identity parade!

Thanks to a very generous friend, VVG, I have grown 10 tomato varieties this year that I have never seen or grown before. The excitement is building as each one slowly edges its way to ripeness - and this year has been remarkably slow.
I propagated many of the armpit shoots but failed to identify which was which so it is only by matching the fruit with its parent that I can find out. The additional fumble factor is that 3 of the original labels are faded and illegible!
So here is the list of varieties and I'll try to match them with the tomatoes eventually!
Gold Medal x 2
Black Krim
Gardener's Delight
Christel's Plum
Orange Favourite
Purple Ukraine
Salt Spring Surprise x 2
Cuor di Bue
French Black
Costoluto Fiorentino

No comments:

Post a Comment